Thursday, February 16, 2012

Another Midnight Stroll

For this week's Specimen Days post I decided to read Nights on the Mississippi. I really enjoy these late night strolls that Whitman seems to take quite frequently. I enjoy reading about his wanderings of the night because I too like to soak in the nature of the night.

The thing that struck me about this particular piece was Whitman's admittance of loving the view of the bridge. As a man enamored with nature I would've pegged him to loathe something such as a giant man made structure like a bridge. He's proven me wrong again!

Other than my confusion over the bridge I found this piece to be quite peaceful and enjoyable. Whitman never ceases to amaze me with his clear and concise descriptions of nature. He's quite good at painting the picture in my mind of exactly what he's speaking of.

No comments:

Post a Comment